Special Sponsor

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

How to Increase download speed of uTorrent


recently I noticed my download speed so slow so I decided to tweak my uTorrent and internet settings.Here`s what I`ve done to my uTorrent 1.71 client:


Firstly, go to Option-> Speed Guide
1.Select your speed at connection type, for example I select xx/1Mbit for my connection.
2.Then CHECKED at Enable encryption then click Use Selected Settings.




Options>Preferences>Connection
1.Under ‘Port used for incomming connections‘ enter any port number. It is best to use a port number above 10000. I use 11050.
2.Randomize port each time µtorrent starts: UNCHECKED, I leave this unchecked because I have a router and I do port fowarding for port above.
3.Enable UPnP port mapping (Windows Xp or later only): CHECKED
4.Enable NAT-PMP port mapping: CHECKED

5.Add µtorrent to Windows Firewall exceptions (Windows XP SP2 or later only): UNCHECKED (do this only if you have windows firewall disabled)
6.Global Maximum upload rate (kb/s): [0: unlimited]: 92 (for 1Mbit connection)


Options>Preferences>BitTorrent
1.Global Maximum Number of Connections: 400 (for 1Mbit connection)This number should not be set too low or the number of connections made to your torrents will be limited. Setting it too high may cause too much bandwidth to be used and can cause slowdowns.
2.Maximum Number of connected peers per torrent: 100 (for 1Mbit connection)If you see that the peers connected to a specific torrent are exactly this number, or very close, increase this number to improve speeds.
3.Number of upload slots per torrent: 3 This depends on how much you want to upload to other users. Do not set too low or it may affect download speeds.
4.Use additional upload slots if upload speed

Options>Preferences>Advanced
1.Firstly u must download TCP/IP patcher using LvlLord’s Event ID 4226 Patcher and TZ Connection Booster | Mirror
2.DO NOT CHANGE THIS OPTION unless you have Windows XP SP2 and have patched tcpip.sys.
3.Change the number to 60
4.net.max_halfopen: 60 , set and apply

uTorrent 1.7 secret
Help>About µTorrent>press 't' for µTris (It`s a tetris games :D)



Related: How to setting proxomitron to use in uTorrent Here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very insightful and interesting article. I would love to know more about this so
posting more would be appreciated.
Free softwares